32nd Sunday in Ordinary Time
1. Donation to the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul: Today members of the Society will be collecting funds after Mass. Please give your generous support. Last month, the Society collected HK$25,635.50 from our parish. The funds will be administered by the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul Central Council of Hong Kong. May God bless all the donors with peace and joy in their hearts.
2. Christmas Celebration: The English Speaking Community Christmas celebration will be held on the 9th of December. We cordially invite everyone to join us to share the joys of Christmas through our fellowship meal at 1:30 pm at the 3rd floor hall, followed by carols singing, variety entertainments and raffle draw. We would appreciate your generous contributions and gifts for the prizes of Raffle draw. Those who wish to make any donations may approach the Parish office. Admission Tickets for a sumptuous meal and for the Raffle draw are available at the Church lobby at HK$60.
3. St. Luke Medical Group Recruitment: The St. Luke Medical Group serves the church members of our parish, and povides first-aid support when needed. The group is now in urgent need of recruiting new members. Any Catholics or catechumen who is a medical professional or has a first aid certificate is welcome to join. Please register at the Parish Council counter.
4. Vocation Prayer Gathering: Today, the parish Vocations Group will have a Taize prayer meeting in the Church from 2 to 4 pm. All are welcome.
5. Evangelical “Joyful Tea Gathering”: An evangelical gathering will be held on November 17 from 2 to 3:30 pm at Room 101. There will be tea drinking, healthy snack, sharing of life and faith, and getting to know the friends who showed their willingness to know God at the recent "variety show". We are all welcome to bring our friends and relatives to the gathering. Please WhatsApp 5590-6812 to register.
6. Sha Tin Caritas Bazaar: The Shatin Caritas Bazaar will be held on November 18 at the Yuen Wo Road Playground. Please visit the Bazaar for fun and for charity. You can also buy the game tickets at $10 each at the Church lobby. The tickets can be used for the game booths of our Church and Little Flower School.
7. Seasonal Requiem Mass: Our Church will hold a Requiem Mass on Friday, November 23 at 8 pm for the parishioners who had passed away over the past three months. Please attend the Mass to pray for the eternal rest of our departed brothers and sisters in Christ.
8. Parish Parking Label 2019: Our parish is now receiving applications for the parking label of 2019. Please obtain the application forms from the Parish Office. The deadline for application is November 25. Holders of the 2018 labels without any change need not re-apply. The date of renewal will be announced later.
9. Baptisms for Infants: Baptisms for Infants have been scheduled for Saturday, January 5, 2019 during the Anticipated Mass. The registration form is now available at the Parish Office. The application deadline is November 25.
10. Rosary Praying: There will be a Rosary praying in the Church right after Mass with intentions for the sick and the elderly. We are all invited to join the Rosary praying.
Typhoon and Black Rain Measures:
On weekdays and Sunday when typhoon signal no. 8 or above, or black rainstorm warning signal is hoisted during mass time, the mass will be cancelled and the Church will be closed temporarily, and will open again and function normally within two hours after that signal is lowered.
Special arrangements for our Parish: If on Sunday the morning masses are cancelled due to typhoon, but typhoon signal no. 8 is lowered before 6 pm, then a special bilingual Sunday Mass will be celebrated at 8 pm. If on Saturday typhoon signal no. 8 or above is forecast to be hoisted at or after 5 pm, then a mass (Cantonese) will be added at 3 pm on Saturday.
※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※
PROPER ATTIRE FOR CHURCH ATTENDANCE
Notice 25 June 2009
A church or chapel is a place set apart for divine worship and prayers. The faithful should therefore be properly and decently dressed while taking part in the liturgy or praying in these sacred places. A simplified Dress Code for church attendance, to be posted at the entrances to churches and chapels open to the faithful, has been laid down by Bishop John TONG after consultation with the Council of Priests and the Deaneries. The Bishop exhorts the faithful to abide by this Dress Code, in order that they may give due reverence to the sacred character of a church or chapel. The same Code applies to other visitors to these places.
Rev. Lawrence LEE
*** Let us enter the church with a solemn attitude ***
**Decently and properly dressed is one way to show our respect to God**
Please refrain from wearing clothes which are too short or
Mini-skirts and short pants should also be avoided.
※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※