Feast of the Lord’s Baptism
1. Donation to the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul: Today is the monthly collection of funds for the Society of St. Vincent de Paul. There will be Society members in the lobby collecting funds for the poor and needy. Please give your generous support. Last month, the Society collected HK$27,357.10 from our parish. The funds will be administered by Central Council of the Society in Hong Kong. May God bless all the donors with peace and joy in their hearts.
2. New Year Family Gathering: Our parish will hold a New Year Family Gathering, free of charge, for the grassroots families and communities on Sunday, 20 January. The Church is seeking donation of small new electrical appliances, toys and other suitable gifts. Please deliver these new gifts to the parish office before 18 January.
3. Caritas 65 Anniversary: The Friends of Caritas will be celebrating the Caritas 65 anniversary on 19 January (Saturday). There will be a celebration with variety of activities at the Hong Kong Golf Club in Fanling. For details please refer to the poster or leaflets at the lobby. Application form is available at the counter. Parishioners are encouraged to give free donation. The fund raised will be given to the Hong Kong Caritas for supporting its service to society.
4. Health Talk: On 19 January, registered Chinese doctor Ms Chui will hold a talk and demonstration on “Applicational Baby Massage” at Room 206 from 3:15pm to 4:45pm. For enrollment or enquiry, please use WhatApps at 5590 6812.
5. First-aid Review Course: In order to facilitate the St. John Ambulance First-aid Certificate holders who need to renew their certificates, the parish medical team will hold a one-day first-aid review course on Sunday, 20 January. Please check and register at the Parish Council counter if you are interested.
6. Parish Parking Label 2019: Holders of the 2018 labels please exchange for the 2019 labels with the old labels at the special counter at the lobby before 31 January. The labels will be cancelled for those who fail to collect by the above deadline.
7. Rosary Praying: There will be a Rosary praying in the Church right after Mass with intentions for the sick and the elderly. We are all invited to join the Rosary praying.
Typhoon and Black Rain Measures:
On weekdays and Sunday when typhoon signal no. 8 or above, or black rainstorm warning signal is hoisted during mass time, the mass will be cancelled and the Church will be closed temporarily, and will open again and function normally within two hours after that signal is lowered.
Special arrangements for our Parish: If on Sunday the morning masses are cancelled due to typhoon, but typhoon signal no. 8 is lowered before 6 pm, then a special bilingual Sunday Mass will be celebrated at 8 pm. If on Saturday typhoon signal no. 8 or above is forecast to be hoisted at or after 5 pm, then a mass (Cantonese) will be added at 3 pm on Saturday.
※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※
PROPER ATTIRE FOR CHURCH ATTENDANCE
Notice 25 June 2009
A church or chapel is a place set apart for divine worship and prayers. The faithful should therefore be properly and decently dressed while taking part in the liturgy or praying in these sacred places. A simplified Dress Code for church attendance, to be posted at the entrances to churches and chapels open to the faithful, has been laid down by Bishop John TONG after consultation with the Council of Priests and the Deaneries. The Bishop exhorts the faithful to abide by this Dress Code, in order that they may give due reverence to the sacred character of a church or chapel. The same Code applies to other visitors to these places.
Rev. Lawrence LEE
*** Let us enter the church with a solemn attitude ***
**Decently and properly dressed is one way to show our respect to God**
Please refrain from wearing clothes which are too short or
Mini-skirts and short pants should also be avoided.
※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※