24th Sunday in Ordinary Time
1. Month of Prayer and Penance: In light of the appalling clerical sexual abuse scandal in the Church, Bishop Michael Yeung has declared this month of September to be a month of prayer and penance. The faithful are exhorted to join in prayer to the Lord for grace and mercy for all concerned – for His healing grace, peace and consolation for every victim, and for true repentance and conversion of the perpetrators. The Bishop has also declared that all Fridays this September shall be penitential days of FAST and ABSTINANCE.
2. Prayers of Atonement and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament: Prayers of Atonement and Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament will be held in the Church from 8 to 9 am on the following days: Wednesday, September 19; and Friday, September 28.
3. Chinese Children’s Choir Recruitment: The Chinese Children’s Choir is recruiting student members aged between 6 and 12. Non-student members over 12 years of age, young people and adult Catholics and catechumens who wish to serve the children are also welcome. The choir will sing in the Children’s Mass and other parish festivities, and members will have a chance to attempt conducting, accompanying and leading in singing. The basic practise time is the same as the Sunday school class, from 3:45 pm to 5 pm on Saturday. Please obtain the application forms from the Chinese Sunday School teachers or from the Parish Office.
4. Fr. Yu’s Spiritual Talks: Fr. Edward Yu’s monthly spiritual lecture on the book of Revelation will be held on Friday, September 21 from 8:00 to 9:00pm in the Church.
5. Evening Prayer: The Evening Prayer will be held in the Church on September 22 at 6 pm.
6. Cantonese Opera Concert: September 25 (Tuesday) is a holiday, the day following the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival. Our parish will hold a concert for the Cantonese opera lovers to enjoy the holiday. It will be held at the 3rd floor hall at 1 pm. Admission is free. Please get the tickets from the Parish Council counter. Participants will receive a pack of gifts.
7. Evangelization Event: Our parish will hold an evangelization event "God is love • Saint Benedict Church Variety Show" on the afternoon of Sunday, October 7 at Lek Yuen Plaza, hoping that more people will know our religion. And we also invite your family to come to enjoy a happy afternoon. We need plenty of volunteers to help, please register at the Parish Council counter. We are also looking for new gifts to be used for prizes. Please send these gifts, big or small, to the Parish Council counter.
8. Sha Tin Caritas Bazaar: This year’s Sha Tin Caritas Bazaar will be held at the Yuen Wo Road Playground on November 18. Our parish is looking for large quantity of new gifts for charity sales and game prizes for the Church and Little Flower School. If you know some manufacturers who are willing to donate their products for charity, please let the Parish Office know how to contact them.
9. “Daily Gospel” and “Bible Diary” 2019: The 2019 “Daily Gospel” at $40 and the “Bible Diary” at $80 are now available at the church lobby.
10. Rosary Praying: There will be a Rosary praying in the Church right after Mass with intentions for the sick and the elderly. We are all invited to join the Rosary praying.
“Deanery Mission Sunday Activity” 2018
‘Youth Cycling Evangelization’
The seven parishes of Northeast New Territories Deanery will jointly hold an activity "Youth Cycling Evangelization" on Mission Sunday, October 21 from 2:30 pm to 5:30 pm. The cycling routes will use Immaculate Heart of Mary Church, Tai Po and St. Francis Church as starting points, and on the way stop by Pak Shek Kok and Sheung Kiu for evangelistic activity, distributing evangelical fans to the passers-by. The bicycles will finally go to St. Alfred’s Church as the end point and the participants will attend the mass celebrated by Rev. Peter Choy, V.G.
In addition to the youths in the parishes, students from various Catholic secondary schools have been invited to take part. Other members of the Church are also welcome to participate. It is free. Please get the entry form and ask for details at the Parish Council counter. The deadline for application is September 23. Parishioners may also make a freewill donation to support this evangelization activity.
Thirteenth Session (2018-20)
Election of Elected Members
List of Candidates
1. Mr. Ricardo Luk
2. Mr. Vince Yam
3. Mr. Simon Moon
4. Mr. Gabriel Lee
5. Mr. Paul Chan
6. Ms. Maria Lam
7. Mr. Stephen Chan
8. Mr. Peter Ho
9. Mr. Michael ChanOn September 29 and 30, there will be a voting on whether parishioners "support" or "not support" these candidates.
Typhoon and Black Rain Measures:
On weekdays and Sunday when typhoon signal no. 8 or above, or black rainstorm warning signal is hoisted during mass time, the mass will be cancelled and the Church will be closed temporarily, and will open again and function normally within two hours after that signal is lowered.
Special arrangements for our Parish: If on Sunday the morning masses are cancelled due to typhoon, but typhoon signal no. 8 is lowered before 6 pm, then a special bilingual Sunday Mass will be celebrated at 8 pm. If on Saturday typhoon signal no. 8 or above is forecast to be hoisted at or after 5 pm, then a mass (Cantonese) will be added at 3 pm on Saturday.
※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※
PROPER ATTIRE FOR CHURCH ATTENDANCE
Notice 25 June 2009
A church or chapel is a place set apart for divine worship and prayers. The faithful should therefore be properly and decently dressed while taking part in the liturgy or praying in these sacred places. A simplified Dress Code for church attendance, to be posted at the entrances to churches and chapels open to the faithful, has been laid down by Bishop John TONG after consultation with the Council of Priests and the Deaneries. The Bishop exhorts the faithful to abide by this Dress Code, in order that they may give due reverence to the sacred character of a church or chapel. The same Code applies to other visitors to these places.
Rev. Lawrence LEE
*** Let us enter the church with a solemn attitude ***
**Decently and properly dressed is one way to show our respect to God**
Please refrain from wearing clothes which are too short or
Mini-skirts and short pants should also be avoided.
※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※