4th Sunday of Easter
1. Donation to the Society of Saint Vincent de Paul: Today is the monthly collection of funds for the Society of St. Vincent de Paul. There will be Society members at the lobby collecting funds for the poor and needy. Please give your generous support. Last month, the Society collected HK$32,621.30 from our parish. The funds will be administered by Central Council of the Society in Hong Kong. May God bless all the donors with peace and joy in their hearts.
2. Temporary Close of Church: This coming Monday, May 13, is a public holiday; the Church will be closed after the morning mass.
3. Iuvenis Activity: The parish Youth Group Iuvenis will have its monthly “33 Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament” on Wednesday, May 15 at 8:00 pm.
4. June 4th Exhibition: The Tianzhulian (Hong Kong Catholic Groups Supporting China Federation of Patriotic and Democratic Movements) will hold the June 4th 30th Anniversary Exhibition at the 3rd floor hall of our Church on May 18th,19th and 25th,26th.
5. Recruitment of Liturgical Pioneers: The Liturgical Pioneers of the Chinese community are part of the parish liturgical service group. If you are aged from 9 to 16, baptized, and willing to serve the Church by reading the Word of God in the children’s Mass, you are welcome to join the Chinese Liturgical Pioneers team. Application forms are available from the Parish Office.
6. “Ordinary Meal” for Elderly Parishioners: Our parish will host an “Ordinary Meal” for the elderly parishioners. The time is 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm on Sunday, May 26. All members of this parish aged 65 or above are invited to participate. Please bring your Hong Kong ID Card or Senior Citizen Card to register at the parish council counter before May 19. There is a limit of 100 persons for this event.
7. Rosary Praying: There will be a Rosary praying in the Church right after Mass with intentions for the sick and the elderly. We are all invited to join the Rosary praying.
Typhoon and Black Rain Measures:
On weekdays and Sunday when typhoon signal no. 8 or above, or black rainstorm warning signal is hoisted during mass time, the mass will be cancelled and the Church will be closed temporarily, and will open again and function normally within two hours after that signal is lowered.
Special arrangements for our Parish: If on Sunday the morning masses are cancelled due to typhoon, but typhoon signal no. 8 is lowered before 6 pm, then a special bilingual Sunday Mass will be celebrated at 8 pm. If on Saturday typhoon signal no. 8 or above is forecast to be hoisted at or after 5 pm, then a mass (Cantonese) will be added at 3 pm on Saturday.
※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※
PROPER ATTIRE FOR CHURCH ATTENDANCE
Notice 25 June 2009
A church or chapel is a place set apart for divine worship and prayers. The faithful should therefore be properly and decently dressed while taking part in the liturgy or praying in these sacred places. A simplified Dress Code for church attendance, to be posted at the entrances to churches and chapels open to the faithful, has been laid down by Bishop John TONG after consultation with the Council of Priests and the Deaneries. The Bishop exhorts the faithful to abide by this Dress Code, in order that they may give due reverence to the sacred character of a church or chapel. The same Code applies to other visitors to these places.
Rev. Lawrence LEE
*** Let us enter the church with a solemn attitude ***
**Decently and properly dressed is one way to show our respect to God**
Please refrain from wearing clothes which are too short or
Mini-skirts and short pants should also be avoided.
※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※ ※